You are here
Website Disclaimers, Terms and Conditions, Refund, and Privacy Policies, please read carefully.
This page provides the terms and conditions for use of the International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw) website (www.itechlaw.org and pages accessible therefrom, hereafter referred to as the “Site”) and services contained within the Site. ITechLaw is a non-profit organization. By using the Site or downloading information from the Site, the user (“You”) agree to the terms and conditions listed here (the “Terms and Conditions”). The Terms and Conditions include the information on this page and the information referenced on this page.
1. ITechLaw does not offer legal advice through the Site. The information provided on the Site is solely for individual education and understanding of the legal issues involved. Do not act or rely upon any of the resources and information available on or from the Site without seeking professional legal advice relating to your own particular situation.
2. The transmission of information from the Site to you is not intended to create nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between ITechLaw (or any author of a portion of the Site) and you. The information on the Site is not to be reproduced or distributed without ITechLaw’s express consent, and may not be used for commercial purposes. ITechLaw members are granted a limited license to use and reproduce the information on this site for their professional duties, so long as they accept sole responsibility for its accuracy and applicability to particular facts.
3. The legal information on the Site and its application to any particular situation depend on expert legal judgment and interpretation of the facts of a particular case. ITechLaw makes no representation, warranty or claim that the legal or other information available on the Site is current or accurate. You must consult with your own legal counsel for guidance on the application of this information to your own specific case. ITechLaw is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the resources or information available at or from the Site.
4. While ITechLaw believes that the on-line resources that can be accessed from itechlaw.org by use of hypertext links may be useful to readers, they are not maintained or controlled by ITechLaw. ITechLaw is, therefore, not responsible for the contents or accuracy of any such linked resources.
5. ITechLaw makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the use of the links provided; nor does ITechLaw guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or adequacy of any resources, information, system, product or process available at or from the Site.
6. Reference at the Site to any specific commercial product, process or service by its trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by ITechLaw. Any trademark referenced belongs to its owner, and ITechLaw makes no claim as to its use or ownership.
7. Copyright on materials available on the Site may belong to ITechLaw or others (Copyright Owner), so any use of such material without express authorization of the Copyright Owner is at your own risk. Title to copyright in materials on the Site will at all times remain with the Copyright Owner. Any permitted copies of the Site or portions thereof must retain any copyright notices and other notices thereon. Nothing on the Site shall be construed as conferring any license under the Copyright Owner’s rights, whether express, implied, or otherwise. ITechLaw may revoke any rights granted with respect to use of the Site at any time. ITechLaw respects third party intellectual property rights. If you believe that you own copyright interests which have been infringed in any way in connection with the Site, please provide the ITechLaw Webmaster, providing both an email address and a ITechLaw physical address and phone/fax] the following information pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (as may be amended from time to time, or as other applicable law may provide):
i. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
ii. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
iii. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit ITechLaw to locate that material.
iv. Information reasonably sufficient to permit ITechLaw to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and email address.
v. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
vi. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
9. ITechLaw makes available certain services and other transactions, such as dues payments for ITechLaw members, registration for ITechLaw conferences and purchase of ITechLaw materials, via the Site. Unless otherwise expressly noted, ITechLaw’s refund policy for such transactions is as follows: Refunds are provided only for materials that are physically defective, such as a book with a faulty binding. No refunds are provided based on applicability of materials to your legal issues, based on perceived quality of materials, or otherwise. As a reminder, ITechLaw is a non-profit organization that intentionally keeps costs low to keep membership dues low. This is important to allow those from developing countries, academics, government employees, and others to be able to afford continued membership in ITechLaw. See our mission statement for further explanation of why this is important to ITechLaw. We ask your understanding in this regard.
Thank you for accessing and reading the information on the Site. We hope it has been useful to your understanding of the legal issues covered here and that you will return often. If you have any questions about the Terms and Conditions or our website in general, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITechLaw takes a number of steps to increase security of credit card transactions available via the Site. ITechLaw employs encrypted and firewall-protected features.
Different countries have various rules concerning use of appropriate software and encryption options for electronic transactions. The use of such appropriate software and encryption options are your own responsibility, and ITechLaw assumes no risk or liability for your compliance with laws or regulations that may exist in your jurisdiction.
ITechLaw makes no representation or warranty as to whether information you transmit to the Site will be intercepted by, or otherwise be received by, an unauthorized third party, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
ITechLaw may, in conjunction with transactions enabled to be made on the Site, or otherwise, ask for and collect certain information about you, including personally identifiable information. For instance, we will ask for identifying and contact information for membership and for conferences, and we will ask for credit card information for purchases of publications. When you provide such information to the Site, it may be processed, stored and accessed in computers located in various countries. Occasionally, ITechLaw will agree to provide membership information to other professional societies, publishers, or other organizations in order to provide member benefits such as notification of upcoming conferences, events, publications, or the like. You may instruct us not to share information about you outside of ITechLaw by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
ITechLaw does not knowingly collect any information from children.
In addition, from time to time ITechLaw prepares a membership directory, both in hardcopy and online versions. All members are listed in the membership directory, but if you would like to limit the way that information about you appears in the directory please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your preference for limiting information about you in the directory.
It is ITechLaw’s policy to cooperate with law enforcement agencies and other governmental organizations. ITechLaw can, and you authorize ITechLaw to, disclose any information ITechLaw has about you to law enforcement or other governmental officials as ITechLaw, in its sole discretion, believes necessary and appropriate in any investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that may be illegal or that may expose ITechLaw to possible liability.
If you have any questions about our policies, please send an email to email@example.com.